Social Media and Your Real Estate Business
Do you want to expand your social media reach, but you’re not sure how to go about it? Oh sure, you could hire a company to create your images and then pay to have someone post and monitor your social media. Or, you could do all of it yourself, in literally minutes, with a pretty short learning curve. And the best thing about it, it’s free!
Well, I pay $10/month, so that’s not totally free for me. But it’s about as close as you are going to get and still produce these kinds of results.
How much am I making off of this? Actually, nothing. Nada. Zip. Truly it’s just part of the Keller Williams culture…give back. I’ve put together a pretty good method of keeping my wife and me in front of our clients (that’s 90% of the battle isn’t it?) and have had several other agents ask who “does your social media?”
Bottom line is that I hope that this is helpful. If it is, just drop me a line (firstname.lastname@example.org) that says, “You so rock Rusty!” That’s payment enough!
With that, here we go!
1) Start by getting a free account at Buffer.com (Buffer.com – schedule your posts to social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
2) The apps/extensions I use work best using the Chrome Browser from Google.
3) Install the following software/extensions:
Phrase Express Freeware – shortcut for adding quick text.
Pablo Chrome extension – app from buffer for adding text and logo to images.
4) Use these sites for free images that are licensed for reuse:
* This is just an article that I found that does a good job describing what times/days to post your social media and to which platforms: http://coschedule.com/blog/best-times-to-post-on-social-media/